Saturday, November 29, 2014

5 Year Natural Hair Mark

  
I'm sure you're familiar with the term "natural hair" by now. It's been going around for the past few years. I've been natural for over five and a half years. It has been a long, and sometimes challenging journey. The first time I went natural was shortly after my wedding in August 2007. My beautician talked me into to doing it. Healthy, thick hair were just some of the great results she promised. I only lasted six months before I caved in and permed my hair! I couldn't do it. I was so use to permed hair and didn't know how to manage this "new hair." All of the products I used before didn't seem to work. Frustration soon led to giving up and going back to what was familiar.

     It was almost a year later, three months after having my son James, I decided to give it another try. I was so busy taking care of a newborn that I didn't have time to get my hair permed. I thought to myself, It's already been three months, I might as well see how long I can last. Five and half years later I can't imagine giving up now!!! Once I learned what products and hair styles worked for me, it wasn't so difficult. I actually find it easier to deal with my natural hair. I don't have to use as much products and styles last longer.
 Here is a brief video I made for my YouTube page about my progress.





No comments:

Post a Comment