Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Losing the Baby Weight!!!

   My son is almost 8 weeks old and I'm already thinking about getting this "baby" weight off. The plan was to take it easy for one month and then start working out. Lets just say, that didn't happen...lol. But even though I am losing weight because I'm breastfeeding, I don't feel like it's fast enough. It seems like every time I go on the Internet or turn on the TV, I see some movie star that has already dropped their baby weight five minutes after giving birth!! And I have to admit, even though I know its not realistic, it still delivers a blow to my pride.
   Why are so many women insecure about how they look especially after having a baby? You would think that after giving birth most women would ease up on the self hatred just a little bit and give their bodies time to heal. But no not us, especially not me. As I walk down the grocery store aisle I see so many diet aid products that further remind me that I'm not good enough.

And before you check out, you have to take the walk of shame past the magazines with all the perfectly "airbrushed" women!
   Secondly, when will this end? Do we change society or do we continue to allow society to change us? The only way women can raise proud and confident daughters is by first becoming proud and confident themselves. We can't effect a positive change in society with a negative perspective. We first must focus on the good, take pride in who we are and how we look.  Just a thought.....

No comments:

Post a Comment