Thursday, December 11, 2014

Gratitude Pumpkin - 2014

   The "Gratitude Pumpkin" was in full swing this year in the Lopez household. We were a little late starting the project, ten days to be exact, but we caught up. We finally laid our pumpkin to rest yesterday. As I admired for one last time the words that adorned our pumpkin, my heart was truly field with gratitude. I am beyond grateful for all the wonderful things the good Lord has given me and my family.




   It's easy to get distracted from what really matters when we live in fast pace society consumed with getting more and superficial things. We focus on what's wrong in our life before appreciating what's right. We obsess over the bad and neglect the good. This project has definitely been a wonderful avenue for my family to adjust our focus on the many blessings in our life. Now I'm not saying everyone has to run out and get a pumpkin every November! But we should all strive to have a heart of gratitude!!   


                             

No comments:

Post a Comment