Sunday, December 7, 2014

No Frizz Please!!

I can't stand frizzy hair, but to be honest who can?? There's nothing more annoying than having a perfect hair style ruined as soon as you step outside!!  Or having to plan your hair style by the weather. Many of us women deal with this problem, which is why there are hundreds of products appealing to our anti-frizz addiction...lol.


I use to think frizzy hair only happened if your hair was damaged. I have now learned that even the healthiest, undamaged hair can get frizzy. So what causes frizz? Humidity, excessive heat-styling (use of flat irons, curling irons, hair dryers), and excessive combing / brushing of dry hair.  Chemical processing (perms or dyes) also contribute to frizz because they change the structure and integrity of hair.


My frizzy hair problem has worsened since I went natural. My natural hair soaks up humidity like a sponge. Seriously, the moment it comes it contact with the moister it frizzes and draws up. This has been so frustrating for me. I can't tell you how many times I opted to put my hair up in a bun just because I didn't feel like dealing with the fuzzy drama that would be sure to follow if I wore my hair down...lol.


Recently, I been on a quest to "Fight the Frizz!". I started with two popular hair products: TRESemme Keratin Smooth flat iron smoothing spray and Fantasia Frizz Buster Serum.
TRESemme promises to protect your hair from heat while providing shine, as well as, controlling frizz for up to 48 hours. Fantasia Frizz Buster Serum promises to be 100% effective in instantly eliminating dry, frizzy damaged hair. 


The Results: I give both products a strong OK!! Can't say they worked great in controlling the frizz but TRESemme did seam to protect my hair from the heat during flat ironing and Frizz Buster made my hair incredible soft and silky which is always a plus for me. Check out my YouTube video for more details!!


No comments:

Post a Comment